Are you trying to find lower-priced insurance rates in Fairhope, AL? Are you drained from being strong-armed to buy insurance? You are no different than many other drivers in Alabama.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Consumers in Fairhope could save themselves about 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy. You have multiple insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to compare rates.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices quite often because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best price on insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on insurance at a lower rate.
Best companies for affordable prices in Alabama
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Fairhope, AL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,546||$773||$129|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$924||$462||$77|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$938||$469||$78|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$878||$439||$73|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$794||$397||$66|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,204||$602||$100|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,030||$515||$86|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,046||$523||$87|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Fairhope which can change auto insurance rates greatly.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Alabama minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Silverado replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Cheap Fairhope auto insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fairhope auto insurance online.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Resident Student - Older children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- E-sign Discounts - Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Fairhope auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family includes discounts for early bird, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, accident-free, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, student driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, good student, and theft prevention.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, multi-car, switch companies, business and professional, mature driver, bundle discounts, and teen driver.
- Allstate offers discounts for multi-policy, utility vehicle, good payer, defensive driver, EZ pay plan discount, anti-theft, and early signing.
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in Fairhope. To locate auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Fairhope, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Cheap insurance is out there
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper coverage online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fairhope auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
As you quote Fairhope auto insurance, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles: