Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Jeep Cherokee insurance in Montgomery? Locating cheaper insurance for a Jeep Cherokee in Alabama can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy. There is a better way to find insurance online so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Jeep and obtain the lowest price from Montgomery insurance agents and online providers.
It's important to do rate comparisons before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Montgomery a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Cherokee insurance online, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some excellent ideas to slash your insurance rates in Montgomery.
Six factors that affect insurance costs
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Tickets inflate prices - Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates compared to bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Premiums drop with age - Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Your career may increase rates - Occupational choices like lawyers, police officers, and stock brokers generally pay higher average rates because of high stress and long work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
Urban residents pay more - Having an address in a small town is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Alabama areas regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Save money with excellent credit - A driver's credit score factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Jeep Cherokee if you improve your credit rating.
Safety first - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Jeep Cherokee statistical loss data - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Montgomery is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like marital status, whether or not you need a SR-22, the year, make and model of vehicles, and any included safety features. Your information is sent automatically to all major companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To find lower affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Montgomery.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Alabama. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Is there truth in advertising?
Alabama drivers can't escape the ads that claim the lowest premium rates by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all try to convey promises of big savings after switching your policy.
That's great but how can every company charge less that you're paying now? This is how they do it.
Companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that makes them money. One example of a profitable insured might have to be a female over age 40, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. Any customer that meets those criteria is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when switching.
Potential customers who may not quite match these criteria may be forced to pay more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save money. That's the way insurance companies can state the savings. Each company has different criteria, so you should get as many free Montgomery auto insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to guess which car insurance company will have the best Jeep Cherokee insurance in Montgomery.
Why you need Jeep Cherokee insurance in Alabama
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Montgomery, paying for auto insurance is required in Alabama but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Cherokee, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Jeep but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Cherokee greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to save money.
Jeep Cherokee insurance discounts in Montgomery
Some companies don't always advertise all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Organization Discounts - Joining a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Cherokee insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Montgomery auto insurance online.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts should help lower your policy premium.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and driver training.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, claim-free, good student, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, membership and employees, anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
Check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Montgomery. For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Montgomery, click here.
Local neighborhood Montgomery car insurance agents
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Montgomery auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Alabama?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When finding a good Montgomery insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it's important to point out the subtle differences because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Montgomery that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ben Pugh
2100 Spruce St - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 263-3220 - View Map
- Courtney Combs - State Farm Insurance Agent
4137 Carmichael Rd #120 - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 271-5900 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Dwayne Farrior
8125h Decker Ln, Ste 7 - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 239-4400 - View Map
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Montgomery who can help you get price quotes.
- Alabama Auto Insurance Center
123 N Hull St - Montgomery, AL 36104 - (334) 262-1956 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Davenport Agency
441 Eastern Blvd - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 271-1610 - View Map
- Owen Insurance
8210 Old Federal Rd - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 279-7033 - View Map
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Jeep Cherokee insurance rates in Montgomery. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When searching for low cost Montgomery auto insurance quotes, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
To read more, take a look at these articles: