Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive Ford F-150 insurance in Birmingham? Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as most other people in Alabama.
Unfortunately, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Birmingham could save $490 every year, but they just don't want to shop their coverage around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
It's smart to get comparison quotes as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best quotes on Ford F-150 insurance in Birmingham on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can search a lot of F-150 insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some excellent ideas to put money back in your pocket.
Companies offering cheap Ford F-150 prices in Birmingham, AL
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Birmingham, AL. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$206||$260||$348||$20||$104||$938||$78|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$120||$222||$382||$22||$114||$860||$72|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$156||$280||$456||$26||$136||$1,054||$88|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$196||$354||$382||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$218||$422||$354||$20||$106||$1,120||$93|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$208||$348||$20||$104||$826||$69|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$284||$496||$408||$24||$122||$1,334||$111|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$226||$366||$324||$20||$96||$1,032||$86|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$156||$222||$344||$20||$102||$844||$70|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$160||$228||$338||$20||$100||$846||$71|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$300||$382||$22||$114||$1,000||$83|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$192||$268||$348||$20||$104||$932||$78|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$250||$422||$382||$22||$114||$1,190||$99|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$314||$486||$438||$26||$132||$1,396||$116|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$206||$286||$354||$20||$106||$972||$81|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$232||$286||$344||$20||$102||$984||$82|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$142||$234||$324||$20||$96||$816||$68|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$230||$400||$438||$26||$132||$1,226||$102|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$234||$324||$20||$96||$816||$68|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$156||$270||$382||$22||$114||$944||$79|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$374||$524||$442||$26||$132||$1,498||$125|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$174||$312||$438||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$348||$354||$20||$106||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$234||$408||$408||$24||$122||$1,196||$100|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$266||$436||$456||$26||$136||$1,320||$110|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$282||$606||$354||$20||$106||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$140||$270||$318||$18||$94||$840||$70|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$282||$606||$354||$20||$106||$1,368||$114|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$364||$636||$456||$26||$136||$1,618||$135|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$358||$710||$408||$24||$122||$1,622||$135|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$206||$346||$318||$18||$94||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact premium rates significantly.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford F-150 insurance rates for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Ford F-150 Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Incidental coverages you don't use - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Liability coverage is important - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Costs for men may be higher - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that women are better drivers. Both genders get in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Raise your deductibles for better prices - Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Ford. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- More performance means higher costs - The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Ford F-150 is considered a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price compared to average rates in Birmingham.
- Ford F-150 claim data - Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Birmingham
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance coverage on a new F-150 can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a driver safety class may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, bundle, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Alabama, click here.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many drivers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Birmingham car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Who are their largest clients?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When searching for a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Birmingham can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth learning how they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Birmingham exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Birmingham independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Stewart Financial Partners/ Alabama Insurance Agency
2700 Rogers Dr #106 - Homewood, AL 35209 - (205) 410-3988 - View Map
Birmingham Alabama Life Insurance
600 Luckie Dr #305 - Birmingham, AL 35223 - (205) 268-5008 - View Map
The auto insurance bait and switch
Consumers can't escape the ads that promise big savings by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads advertise the message that drivers can save some big amount after switching your coverage.
Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? It's all in how they say it.
All the different companies offer their best rates for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might have to be a married male, has a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver that matches those criteria may get the lowest car insurance rates in Birmingham and as a result will probably save a lot on Birmingham Ford F-150 insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who may not quite match those criteria must pay higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The trick is to say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That's why companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates. Because each company has a different risk profile, you need to quote coverage with many companies. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I rate my Ford F-150 as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare rates regularly to save
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Ford F-150 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Birmingham car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Birmingham is attainable online in addition to many Birmingham insurance agents, so you need to quote Birmingham car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the resources below: