Would you like to buy lower-priced Porsche Cayman insurance in Birmingham? Finding low cost Porsche Cayman insurance in Birmingham is kind of frustrating for drivers new to buying insurance online. Because there are so many insurers available, it can easily become a real hassle to find more affordable Porsche Cayman insurance rates.
A recent study showed that most consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Alabama could save roughly $490 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons as often as possible because prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best price on Porsche Cayman insurance in Birmingham a few years ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the proper way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
To get affordable Birmingham auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer insurance in Alabama. The fastest way to find the lowest Porsche Cayman rates is to jump online and get quotes. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The following companies provide price quotes in Birmingham, AL. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$174||$360||$324||$20||$96||$974||$81|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$226||$504||$318||$18||$94||$1,160||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Birmingham garaging location which can change premiums considerably.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayman insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Porsche Cayman insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set guideline for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Porsche Cayman replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Birmingham auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Resident Student - Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Cayman insurance in Birmingham.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, good student, early bird, defensive driver, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, accident-free, and good driver.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, good student, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find cheaper Birmingham auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some credits may not be offered in your state. To see insurance companies with the best Porsche Cayman insurance discounts in Birmingham, click here.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Porsche Cayman in Birmingham, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Porsche has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Porsche at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Alabama overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Auto insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a Porsche Cayman?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Alabama?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Birmingham who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Birmingham?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long has their agency been open in Birmingham?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
What types of car insurance agents are in Birmingham?
If you are wanting to find local Birmingham agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Birmingham that can give you price quote information.
- Bo Murphy - State Farm Insurance Agent
2030 Gadsden Hwy a - Birmingham, AL 35235 - (205) 661-6305 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Leah Wiggins
334 6th Ave S - Birmingham, AL 35205 - (205) 325-1745 - View Map
- Ronnie Rivera - State Farm Insurance Agent
1270 Center Point Pkwy Ste A - Birmingham, AL 35215 - (205) 854-9999 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, you need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent agencies in Birmingham that can give you price quote information.
- Alfa Insurance
429 Green Springs Hwy Ste #131 - Birmingham, AL 35209 - (205) 290-0140 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Hayes-Rasbury Insurance Agency Inc
221 Lapala Dr - Birmingham, AL 35214 - (205) 798-4238 - View Map
- Wiggins Insurance, LLC
1301 Center Point Pkwy #111 - Birmingham, AL 35215 - (205) 853-6429 - View Map