Would you like to save money by finding the cheapest Buick Enclave insurance in Montgomery? If you're trying to find cheaper insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance providers in your area? You're not alone. Alabama vehicle owners have so many options that it can be a lot of work to locate the lowest insurance rates for Buick Enclave insurance in Montgomery. Everyone knows that Montgomery is a good city to live in, but getting gouged by high insurance rates can make it nearly impossible to afford good insurance coverage.
A study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Montgomery could pocket 40% a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Buick Enclave insurance in Montgomery six months ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you the things you must know in order to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Companies offering Buick Enclave insurance in Alabama
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Montgomery, AL. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$322||$710||$408||$24||$122||$1,586||$132|
|Enclave CX AWD||$318||$606||$344||$20||$102||$1,390||$116|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$326||$636||$456||$26||$136||$1,580||$132|
|Enclave XL AWD||$230||$408||$354||$20||$106||$1,118||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase price quotes considerably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Buick Enclave premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can increase Buick Enclave insurance prices for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cheaper Buick Enclave insurance in Montgomery
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Enclave insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get reduced rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Buick can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, driver training, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, multi-policy, good student, teen driver discount, multi-car, and newly married.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for good student, anti-theft, air bags, safe driver, teen driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Montgomery.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Montgomery who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a local Montgomery insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Montgomery are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Montgomery that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Jon Peters Insurance Agency Inc
4157 Carmichael Rd - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 396-3141 - View Map
- AIA Insurance Agency
5167 Atlanta Hwy - Montgomery, AL 36109 - (334) 272-6874 - View Map
- USAgencies Insurance
2851 D E S Blvd, Montgomery 36116 - 2851 D E S Blvd, AL 36116 - (334) 226-4006 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Montgomery that are able to give price quote information.
- Breck Honea - State Farm Insurance Agent
9100 Eastchase Pkwy A - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 272-8423 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jayme Yarroch
8119 Vaughn Rd - Montgomery, AL 36116 - (334) 269-8100 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Dwayne Farrior
8125h Decker Ln, Ste 7 - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 239-4400 - View Map
Choosing a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Insurance advertising tricks
Car insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the companies tend to make the same promise of big savings if you just switch to their company. How does every car insurance company charge less that you're paying now?
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. One example of a profitable customer could possibly be a female over age 40, has never had a policy lapse, and insures a new vehicle. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Montgomery and will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don't qualify for this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say "people that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. That's the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
Because of this risk profiling, you absolutely need to compare free Montgomery auto insurance quotes often. Because you cannot predict which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Quote often and quote early
When shopping online for car insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented many tips how you can compare Buick Enclave insurance auto insurance rates in Montgomery. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Montgomery auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.