Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Ford Escape insurance in Montgomery? If you are new to getting Montgomery car insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably bewildered by the diversity of companies selling insurance in Montgomery.
A recent study showed that most insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. With the average premium in Alabama being $1,330, drivers could save up to $500 each year just by shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you're already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using this strategy. This information will teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates. But Alabama drivers need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices. Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Most insurance companies provide better rates to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Frequent insurance claims will increase rates - If you tend to file frequent claims, don't be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Alabama provide better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Premiums are lower the older you get - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Young drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are for economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Ford Escape is considered a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Montgomery.
- Ford Escape insurance loss data - Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Escape vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Ford Escape Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When looking for cheaper Montgomery car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. The simplest method to lower the rate you pay for Ford Escape insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
Just keep in mind that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance. Not every company does rate quotes online, so it's important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Montgomery, AL. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$136||$222||$292||$18||$88||$756||$63|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$180||$334||$346||$20||$104||$984||$82|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$222||$416||$346||$20||$104||$1,108||$92|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$226||$366||$276||$16||$82||$966||$81|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$138||$234||$324||$20||$96||$812||$68|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$164||$294||$270||$16||$80||$824||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Ford Escape premium costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford Escape insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below compares Ford Escape annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Montgomery, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Escape has a lienholder, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Escape but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Ford Escape insurance in Montgomery with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Montgomery car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, online shopper, claim free, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, defensive driver, good student, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, military active duty, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, and driver's education.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Montgomery. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Alabama, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Montgomery.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to participating agents in Montgomery that give free quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Montgomery?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you feel you receive good feedback to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a company that is professional and can provide insurance coverage.
Be persistent and save
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for Ford Escape insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Montgomery is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below: