Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive insurance rates in Hueytown, AL? Hueytown shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced car insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to find insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used and obtain the best price possible from Hueytown insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because rates change regularly. If you had the best rate on insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to find out how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
These tips will let you in on how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to get comparison rates instantly.
Most major insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give prices on their websites. This process is quite easy because you just enter the coverages you want into the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable possible premiums on car insurance.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you are getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Hueytown, AL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$888||$444||$74|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$888||$444||$74|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,040||$520||$87|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,106||$553||$92|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can impact price quotes greatly.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Sonata insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Hyundai Sonata replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Cheap Hueytown car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Hueytown and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, good driver, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, age of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for multiple vehicles, teen driver, mature driver, anti-theft, paperless, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, exclusive group savings, good student, new move discount, and multi-car.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, military installation, annual mileage, defensive driver, new vehicle, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my covered if I use it for business?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Price influencing factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Traffic violations hurt - Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Annual miles is a factor - The more you drive your car in a year's time the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your vehicle earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Better credit means lower rates - A driver's credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
- Car features can affect insurance rates - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Where you reside factors in - Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Policies have additional coverages that you can buy on your policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Hueytown, paying for insurance is mandatory in Alabama but it also protects more than you think.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Be persistent and save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Hueytown is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Hueytown, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)