Do you get exhausted from not being able to scrape enough together to pay high car insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than many other Alabama consumers.
Inconceivable but true, most car insurance buyers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Montgomery insurance shoppers could save themselves approximately 40% a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes. Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive cheapest price on Toyota Camry insurance in Montgomery.
It's smart to shop coverage around on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rate on Toyota Camry insurance in Montgomery a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to find out how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to find the best rates without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Montgomery is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the quickest method to shop their coverage around online.
Toyota Camry Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. It's important that you understand the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? - The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Toyota Camry is considered a sedan, insurance will be about the same than the average rate where you live in Montgomery.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage - Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Alabama motor vehicle department.
- Only buy extra coverages you need - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Responsible credit equals lower premiums - Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Camry by improving your credit score.
- Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Camry - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Toyota Camry Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to buy Toyota Camry insurance online
The majority of larger companies allow you to get prices for coverage on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Toyota Camry insurance in Montgomery doesn't take a lot of time because it's just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After you complete the form, the quote system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Toyota Camry insurance in Montgomery makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best auto insurance rates.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Montgomery, AL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence price quotes considerably.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders raise Toyota Camry insurance premiums for each different age group. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Don't listen to company ads
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for insurance savings from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to state the claim about savings if you get a free Montgomery auto insurance quote and switch your coverage to them.
But how can every company charge you a lower premium? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a desirable risk could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no claims, and insures a new vehicle. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest prices in Montgomery and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who are not a match for these standards may be forced to pay higher prices and the customer buying from someone else. The ads say "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that.
Because of these techniques, you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you cannot predict which insurance company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Alabama but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Alabama is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
These discounts can cut Toyota Camry insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Own a Home - Owning a home in Montgomery may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Club Memberships - Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Montgomery auto insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger insurance companies have a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and bundle.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, air bags, accident-free, bundled insurance, early bird, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, IntelliDrive, home ownership, save driver, payment discounts, student away at school, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, good student, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, new vehicle, annual mileage, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, multi-car, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, safety features, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Alabama, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Montgomery.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Montgomery who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Below are Montgomery insurance companies that can give you price quotes for Toyota Camry insurance in Montgomery.
Wayne Hooks - State Farm Insurance Agent
5420 Wares Ferry Rd - Montgomery, AL 36109 - (334) 277-4000 - View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Jon Peters Insurance Agency Inc
4157 Carmichael Rd - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 396-3141 - View Map
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Quote more and you will save more
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Toyota Camry insurance car insurance rates in Montgomery. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Montgomery auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
The cheapest Toyota Camry insurance in Montgomery can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.