How many times have you said it's time to compare lower-priced insurance rates in Alabaster, AL? Alabaster drivers have options when trying to find the lowest priced car insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage on a and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Alabaster agents.
Learn how to lower your auto insurance premiums
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into your prices.
- Pay more by driving carelessly - How you drive has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to keep their license.
- Policy add-ons can waste money - There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Most major insurance companies allow discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. It's possible to still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Pleasure use or commuting - Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Save money by having high credit - Credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by repairing your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Males pay more for insurance - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- How your age affects premiums - Teen drivers in Alabama have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
How to compare car insurance quotes in Alabaster, AL
Lowering your car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Alabaster auto insurance quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Alabaster, AL. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,266||$633||$106|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Ford Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,448||$724||$121|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$960||$480||$80|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$952||$476||$79|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$858||$429||$72|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$956||$478||$80|
|Mazda 3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$888||$444||$74|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$994||$497||$83|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes significantly.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can affect Honda Pilot insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Save $437 a year! What?
Consumers can't escape the ads that claim the best rates from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount just by moving your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does every auto insurance company save you money on auto insurance? It's all in how they say it.
All the different companies quote the lowest rates for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 35, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Alabaster and will save if they switch.
Potential customers who don't qualify for those criteria will be charged higher premiums with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because of this risk profiling, you should get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you never know the company that will provide the lowest auto insurance in Alabaster.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Alabama but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable rates by getting discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every disount available very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Alabaster auto insurance online.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Alabaster can save a few bucks since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a Alabaster auto insurance quote.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
To see a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Alabama, follow this link.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent. Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Alabaster.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Alabaster who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on auto insurance in Alabaster. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles: