Would you like an easy way to compare cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Birmingham? No one gets a kick out of paying for insurance, particularly when they could find better prices if they shop around.
A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Birmingham could save $490 a year by just shopping around, but they won't spend time to shop their coverage around. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Birmingham.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates periodically due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Birmingham last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it's time to teach you how to quote online to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Alabama. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$288||$430||$376||$22||$112||$1,228||$102|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$318||$354||$20||$106||$918||$77|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,108||$92|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$400||$456||$26||$136||$1,196||$100|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$282||$514||$292||$18||$88||$1,194||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can modify rates considerably.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents can drive up Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Elantra car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Elantra replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Discounts can help lower rates on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Birmingham
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Birmingham car insurance online.
- Paperless Signup - A few car insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Elantra insurance in Birmingham.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Birmingham car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in school.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Alabama, click here to view.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Elantra in Birmingham, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Hyundai Elantra. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Local Birmingham car insurance agents
Some people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Birmingham car insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does their agency support local causes in Birmingham?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Two types of Birmingham auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Birmingham can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either can provide insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Birmingham who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Birmingham independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
After getting positive feedback to these questions as well as cheaper Elantra insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.