Discount Rates on Birmingham Car Insurance
Each insurance company has their own set of rating criteria, so the rates from one insurer may be significantly different from another. More and more people every year use our online quote form to save time and find lower Birmingham car insurance rates.
Your current Birmingham car insurance company may be charging you significantly more than you should be paying.
One Quick Form, Multiple Birmingham Quotes!
Choosing lower deductibles for comprehensive and collision coverage can really help lower the average premium paid by Alabama drivers. Out of the more than 3,598,000 people driving in Alabama, many of those consumers have saved money on car insurance.
The best car insurance rates in Birmingham, AL may be through an online insurance company like GEICO or Progressive, or it may be through a traditional carrier like a local Birmingham State Farm or Allstate agent. If you just got your auto insurance renewal, you are probably shocked by the rates and want to find lower rates with a different company.
Compare Birmingham Auto Insurance Rates
Quoting and buying car insurance online has become much easier over the last few years. Prepare to pay more for physical damage coverage than liability coverage. Liability averages about $364, while physical damage insurance costs $453 for the average Birmingham driver.
Many Alabama consumers can lower their rates substantially by comparing apples-to-apples quotes.
Farmers Insurance, Allstate, State Farm and More
Local Birmingham insurance agents can give you quotes from many companies approved to sell insurance in Alabama, and they also provide you with professional advice and guidance.
You may have found your car insurance rates have increased due to an accident, a claim, a teen driver who just got their license, or some other event. People who buy insurance online are more likely to find lower rates because they can compare more rates more quickly.
Insurance rates can fluctuate considerably depending on many factors. Some of the things that determine rates are listed below
- Higher performance vehicles cost more
- How many accidents you have had
- Whether you insure your home with the same company
- Use of your vehicle
- Young drivers cost more
- Having a spouse can save money
- Special coverage such as replacement cost
- Your profession
- The level of coverage
- Replacement cost of your vehicle
Remember that liability insurance protects your assets in case you are held liable for an injury or property damage. You cannot carry too much liability coverage in Alabama. Keep in mind when getting a Birmingham car insurance quote that the Alabama state minimum liability limits are 20,000/40,000/10,000. You will want to buy more liability insurance than that however.
Many consumers still prefer to use an insurance agent rather than buying insurance on the web. Your 'dec' page or declarations page of your auto insurance policy outlines your current coverages and shows you the coverages you need to compare Birmingham insurance rates.
Lower your Birmingham Car Insurance with These Tips
- Alabama drivers can save significantly by purchasing their home (or renters) insurance and car insurance from the same company
- Many companies will allow you to pay less for car insurance if you have multiple policies with them
- Alabama Senior citizens can often receive cheaper car insurance rates
- Being married may qualify you for small savings
- If you don't drive one of your vehicles, don't insure it
- Buying a vehicle with safety features such as air bags, anti-lock brakes and anti-theft features can save money
- Compare car insurance quotes at least once a year to make sure you're getting the lowest rates
- It never hurts to ask what additional discounts are available and see if you qualify
- Claim free insureds may receive discounts off their rates
- Compare car insurance rates now to make sure your getting the best deal on Birmingham insurance.
Comparison quotes only take a few minutes and could save you 40% or more. Click to start a quote!