Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper insurance rates in Birmingham, AL? Birmingham consumers have many options when looking for affordable Chevy Impala insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Birmingham agents.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Our goal is to introduce you to how to effectively get price quotes and also pocket some savings Comparison shoppers just have to know the most effective way to buy insurance online.
Finding cheap insurance quotes is not rocket science. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to see which company has affordable Chevrolet Impala insurance quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Birmingham, AL. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific Birmingham garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage rates greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Chevrolet Impala yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The example below compares Chevrolet Impala auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Birmingham, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Chevy Impala and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Impala are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Alabama overpays as much as $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Only buy what you need - There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart theives such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Don't skimp on liability - Liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Bundle home and auto and save - Most companies will award better rates for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it's in your best interest to compare Chevy Impala rates in Birmingham to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Having a spouse can lower premiums - Having a significant other actually saves money on auto insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Impala - Companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Chevrolet Impala Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Impala 104 89 135 122 122 104 Chevrolet Impala Limited 100 115 79 142 148 153BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Companies don't necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Birmingham car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Impala insurance in Birmingham.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Alabama, click here.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Impala is worth?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Birmingham auto insurance agent
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Birmingham.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Birmingham who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want to use a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Birmingham agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can handle auto insurance, but it's good to learn the difference between them since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are Birmingham independent agents that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- O M Hughes Insurance, Inc
300 Union Hill Dr #300 - Birmingham, AL 35209 - (205) 956-4500 - View Map
- Wiggins Insurance, LLC
1301 Center Point Pkwy #111 - Birmingham, AL 35215 - (205) 853-6429 - View Map
- Alabama Insurance Agency, Inc.
1100 Corporate Dr Suite 100 - Birmingham, AL 35242 - (205) 397-2462 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Birmingham that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Breck Price
470 Riverhill Business Park - Birmingham, AL 35242 - (205) 991-5106 - View Map
- Casey Mann - State Farm Insurance Agent
5950 Chalkville Mountain Rd Ste 114 - Birmingham, AL 35235 - (205) 655-7222 - View Map
- Melvin Humes - State Farm Insurance Agent
1429 Reverend Abraham Woods Jr Boulevard - Birmingham, AL 35203 - (205) 252-4944 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Birmingham should be willing to answer these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Birmingham?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
When getting Birmingham car insurance quotes online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance in Birmingham can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Chevy Impala insurance rates in Birmingham. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Much more information about auto insurance in Alabama is located below: