Want a free price quotes on more competitive Kia Sedona insurance in Birmingham? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced car insurance can dry up your personal savings and make it tough to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is a fast and free way to lower your bills every month.
Unbelievably, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Alabama kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers could save as much as $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. You have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rate on Kia Sedona insurance in Birmingham six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Shopping around for the most affordable protection in Birmingham is easy to do. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. Drivers just have to use the proper way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
Birmingham insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every possible discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Early Signing - A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Birmingham car insurance online.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To view insurance companies who offer cheap Kia Sedona insurance quotes in Birmingham in Birmingham, click here.
The majority of larger companies allow you to get price estimates on the web. Getting online quotes for Kia Sedona insurance in Birmingham can be done by anyone because you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Kia Sedona insurance in Birmingham streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to get a lower rate.
To get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have rate quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Birmingham, AL. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in Birmingham location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Where to set your deductibles
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Kia Sedona insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Kia Sedona Insurance Rates?
It's important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
Don't abuse insurance claims - If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn't be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Alabama provide the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Fewer miles means better costs - The higher the miles on your Kia every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Sedona can result in significantly higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Mature drivers save more - Older people tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.Beginning drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving so auto insurance rates are higher.
High performance equals high premiums - The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Kia Sedona is classified as a van and minivan, rates will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Birmingham.
Auto insurance policy lapses lead to higher auto insurance rates - Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Alabama motor vehicle department.
Where you live plays a part - Living in a rural area has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents. City drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
Increase comp and collision deductibles and save - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Kia Sedona claim data - Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that statistically have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Sedona vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Sedona Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you could use an agent's help.
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Alabama minimum liability coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
When to contact an agent
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is especially important in Birmingham.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below are Birmingham car insurance companies that may be willing to give price quotes for Kia Sedona insurance in Birmingham.
Birmingham Alabama Life Insurance
600 Luckie Dr #305 - Birmingham, AL 35223 - (205) 268-5008 - View Map
Don Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
2102 Cahaba Rd e - Birmingham, AL 35223 - (205) 879-8887 - View Map
Finding a good company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Birmingham, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Kia and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Kia Sedona insurance in Birmingham is available online in addition to many Birmingham insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.