Would you like to stop overpaying and find more affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance in Montgomery? I doubt anyone likes having to buy insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in Alabama could save up to 40% a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switch to a new company. Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Montgomery, it can be diffult for drivers to choose a more affordable insurer.
It's a good habit to do price comparisons every six months due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best quotes on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Montgomery on your last policy you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to buy cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance in Montgomery.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in Alabama
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Montgomery, AL. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$128||$164||$348||$20||$104||$764||$64|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$220||$276||$430||$26||$128||$1,080||$90|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$218||$422||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$138||$174||$442||$26||$132||$912||$76|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$282||$422||$344||$20||$102||$1,170||$98|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$290||$348||$570||$34||$170||$1,412||$118|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$192||$210||$434||$26||$130||$992||$83|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$278||$486||$438||$26||$132||$1,360||$113|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$256||$416||$510||$30||$152||$1,364||$114|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$156||$234||$476||$28||$142||$1,036||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Jeep Wrangler insurance prices for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Premiums Can Be Reduced
When buying insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that go into determining insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices. Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Drive fewer miles and save - The more miles you rack up on your Jeep every year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Wrangler is just wasting money. Double check that your insurance coverage is rated on the correct usage.
- Traffic violations inflate prices - Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Having a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it's not affordable. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have careless violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower rates - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Higher deductibles cost less - Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- What are good liability coverage limits? - Liability coverage kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Mature drivers pay less - Teenage drivers in Alabama are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Extra coverages push up prices - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Save by driving safer vehicles - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jeep Wrangler is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Insurance losses for a Jeep Wrangler - Insurers use data from past claims to help calculate premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehiclescombined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or tendancy to have higher losses.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Montgomery
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Montgomery car insurance quote.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
Some companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not apply in your area. To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in Montgomery, follow this link.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Montgomery who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Montgomery will have answers to these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Montgomery?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Montgomery insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Montgomery that can give you price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Turner and Eaves Insurance Agency
9190 Boyd-Cooper Pkwy - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 270-1000 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Montgomery that are able to give rate quotes.
Car insurance ads are enticing
Consumers in Alabama get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price car insurance by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make the same claim that you'll save big just by moving your car insurance policy to them.
How does every company make the same claim? Here is how they do it.
Different companies look for specific characteristics for the driver they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 40, has other policies, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A driver who matches those parameters will get a cheap rate quote in Montgomery and will also save some money.
Potential customers who are not a match for the ideal profile will have to pay higher premiums which results in the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get Montgomery car insurance quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Will just any policy work for me?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Alabama?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Montgomery?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Low-cost Jeep Wrangler insurance in Montgomery is attainable online and with local Montgomery insurance agents, so you need to quote Montgomery car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To read more, take a look at the articles below: