Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? You're in good company because many Montgomery consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
Sadly, the vast majority of Alabama insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American insurance shoppers can save approximately 46.5% each year, but they feel it's too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good student, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, professional/association, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, bundle discounts, good student, youthful driver, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including economy car, 55 and retired, anti-lock brakes, good payer, defensive driver, auto/life discount, and early signing.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, driver training, defensive driver, air bags, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered in Montgomery. To view insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Montgomery, click this link.
Many insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Kia Optima insurance in Montgomery is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, the company's rating system will order credit information and your driving record and returns a price determined by many factors. This makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for lower-cost rates.
If you want to compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Montgomery, AL. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Montgomery location which can decrease or increase coverage prices significantly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Optima auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Kia Optima claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insurance can get complicated
When choosing your policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying auto insurance from Montgomery car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Montgomery.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Montgomery who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The following is a short list of insurers in Montgomery willing to provide price quotes for Kia Optima insurance in Montgomery.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Montgomery, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Once you have received positive responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have found a company that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
In this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Kia Optima insurance car insurance rates in Montgomery. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, poor customer service, policy cancellation and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Some auto insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cost effective Kia Optima insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about auto insurance in Alabama can be found at the links below
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)