Are you trying to find low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Montgomery? Are you irritated from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high insurance rates every month? You're in the same situation as most other people in Alabama.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
People have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Montgomery.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around before your policy renews because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Chevy Silverado insurance in Montgomery two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Locating the best rates in Montgomery is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques presented in this article. But Alabama car owners do need to know how insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Montgomery Chevy Silverado insurance price quotes online
It's important to know that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Montgomery Silverado insurance quotes online, so you need to compare prices from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Alabama. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$258||$360||$500||$30||$150||$1,298||$108|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$144||$248||$324||$20||$96||$832||$69|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$182||$364||$430||$26||$128||$1,130||$94|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$200||$364||$358||$22||$108||$1,052||$88|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$252||$430||$344||$20||$102||$1,148||$96|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$256||$506||$408||$24||$122||$1,316||$110|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$224||$436||$358||$22||$108||$1,148||$96|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$206||$348||$388||$24||$116||$1,082||$90|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$328||$618||$338||$20||$100||$1,404||$117|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$252||$532||$430||$26||$128||$1,368||$114|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$266||$514||$456||$26||$136||$1,398||$117|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$408||$388||$24||$116||$1,168||$97|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$298||$568||$392||$24||$118||$1,400||$117|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$226||$430||$318||$18||$94||$1,086||$91|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$314||$698||$496||$30||$148||$1,686||$141|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$606||$344||$20||$102||$1,390||$116|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$186||$408||$324||$20||$96||$1,034||$86|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$358||$818||$408||$24||$122||$1,730||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Reckless driving habits raise Montgomery car insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Chevrolet Silverado car insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Where to set your deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Chevrolet Silverado annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado in Montgomery, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects your Chevy Silverado and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Chevy Silverado insurance in Montgomery
Some insurers don't list all possible discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Montgomery car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Club Memberships - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Driver Safety - Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Montgomery car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
To see companies who offer cheap Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Montgomery in Alabama, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Montgomery who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
The following are agents in Montgomery that may be able to provide price quote information for Chevy Silverado insurance in Montgomery.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Silverado is worth?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Montgomery can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Chevy Silverado insurance prices online in Montgomery. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Montgomery car insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Montgomery car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)