Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper car insurance rates in Montgomery, AL? Montgomery drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Mazda 6 insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for your Mazda and obtain the lowest price.
It's important to do price comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest price on Mazda 6 insurance in Montgomery two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices from their websites. Getting quotes for Mazda 6 insurance in Montgomery is possible for anyone as you simply enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Being able to quote online for Mazda 6 insurance in Montgomery makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to do this in order to get the best possible rates on auto insurance.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Montgomery, AL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$408||$408||$24||$122||$1,170||$98|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$254||$348||$20||$104||$872||$73|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$408||$408||$24||$122||$1,170||$98|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$348||$344||$20||$102||$1,046||$87|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$270||$344||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$318||$354||$20||$106||$954||$80|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$508||$344||$20||$102||$1,260||$105|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$480||$408||$24||$122||$1,268||$106|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$596||$408||$24||$122||$1,438||$120|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$472||$438||$26||$132||$1,298||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below shows the difference between Mazda 6 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Mazda 6 premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Montgomery, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mazda 6, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Alabama is wasting up to $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
What Impacts Mazda 6 Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are. When buying car insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings.
The list below includes some of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Increase coverage deductibles and save - Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, vandalism, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Mazda 6 by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- City traffic equals higher costs - Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Youthful drivers cost more - Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
- Why do you need liability? - Liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums - The higher the miles on your Mazda each year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your 6 can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Insurance loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 6 Models
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies don't always publicize all their discounts very well, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Student - This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to view providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Alabama, follow this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I rate my Mazda 6 as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
You may require the services of an agent
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Montgomery.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Montgomery car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want a reputable agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Montgomery are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Montgomery independent agencies that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Colonial Insurance Agency
5251 Hampstead High St Unit 200 - Montgomery, AL 36116 - (334) 270-6824 - View Map
- The Mitchell Agency
1320 Carmichael Way - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 279-6667 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Stephen W Nelson
2800 Zelda Rd #200 - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 272-7288 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Montgomery that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Gordon Hudson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2135 Taylor Rd - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 244-0408 - View Map
- Courtney Combs - State Farm Insurance Agent
4137 Carmichael Rd #120 - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 271-5900 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Dwayne Farrior
8125h Decker Ln, Ste 7 - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 239-4400 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Montgomery should know the answers to these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How are claims handled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to find cheaper Mazda 6 insurance in Montgomery. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Cheaper Mazda 6 insurance in Montgomery can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Montgomery, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below: