Do you want low-cost Nissan Altima insurance in Birmingham? Searching for lower-cost Birmingham Nissan Altima insurance quotes might seem overwhelming for people not familiar with comparing rates and buying insurance online. With so many insurance agents and companies competing online, how are people able to possibly compare them all to find the lowest price available?
It's hard to believe, but about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes as often as possible because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Nissan Altima insurance in Birmingham six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you the fastest way to save on insurance.
When shopping for affordable Nissan Altima insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Alabama. The best way to compare Nissan Altima insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Some companies don't provide Birmingham Altima insurance quotes over the internet, so it's necessary to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Birmingham, AL. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$326||$348||$20||$104||$990||$83|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$606||$344||$20||$102||$1,354||$113|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$480||$408||$24||$122||$1,268||$106|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$156||$318||$400||$24||$120||$1,018||$85|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$336||$382||$22||$114||$1,010||$84|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$298||$654||$392||$24||$118||$1,486||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims increase Nissan Altima auto insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Altima car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Nissan Altima insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Protect your Nissan Altima and other assets
Even though Birmingham Altima insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your Nissan Altima but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Save $456 a year! What?
Well-known insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads in print and on television. All the companies tend to make the same promise that you can save if you get a free Birmingham car insurance quote and switch to their company. How do they all charge you less for car insurance? It's all in the wording.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has few claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Anyone who fits those characteristics will qualify for the lowest prices in Birmingham and will most likely cut their Nissan Altima insurance rates if they switch.
Drivers who fall outside these stringent criteria will probably have to pay higher prices which leads to the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's the way insurance companies can claim big savings. This really emphasizes why it's extremely important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's just not possible to know which insurance companies will provide the lowest Nissan Altima insurance in Birmingham.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Some insurance providers don't always publicize their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection - Birmingham drivers who agree to allow their company to look at their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Birmingham, click here.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Birmingham insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Birmingham who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Different types of car insurance agents in Birmingham
If you want a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Birmingham can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Birmingham who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Casey Mann - State Farm Insurance Agent
5950 Chalkville Mountain Rd Ste 114 - Birmingham, AL 35235 - (205) 655-7222 - View Map
- Reggie Whitaker - State Farm Insurance Agent
1859 Bessemer Rd - Birmingham, AL 35208 - (205) 925-0000 - View Map
- Dean Pappas - State Farm Insurance Agent
5510 US-280 Ste 206 - Birmingham, AL 35242 - (205) 995-9413 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to get several quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following are Birmingham independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Birmingham Alabama Life Insurance
600 Luckie Dr #305 - Birmingham, AL 35223 - (205) 268-5008 - View Map
- Alabama Independent Insurance Agents
141 London Pkwy - Birmingham, AL 35211 - (205) 326-4129 - View Map
- Wiggins Insurance, LLC
1301 Center Point Pkwy #111 - Birmingham, AL 35215 - (205) 853-6429 - View Map
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Alabama?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
The cheapest Nissan Altima insurance in Birmingham is available online in addition to many Birmingham insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of ways to compare Nissan Altima insurance premium rates in Birmingham. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Additional insurance information can be read below: