Do you want to save money by buying lower-priced Nissan Juke insurance in Montgomery? High-priced auto insurance in Montgomery can dwindle your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing cost estimates is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill.
Amazingly, over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Alabama could save 40% every year, but they don't believe the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find a more affordable insurance company.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Montgomery can be made easier if you know where to look. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Consumers only need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Alabama. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
These discounts can lower Nissan Juke insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Driving Data Discount - Montgomery drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- College Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Juke insurance in Montgomery.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. But all discounts will definitely lower your overall premium however.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, driver's education, passive restraint, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, good student, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, military active duty, membership and employees, good student, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multiple vehicles, multi-policy, safe driver, paperless, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, safe driver, multi-policy, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- USAA offers discounts for family discount, good student, vehicle storage, military installation, and annual mileage.
Check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer discounts in Alabama, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent's advice. Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Montgomery who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer shouldn't rely on just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When looking for a good Montgomery insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Montgomery agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the differences since it may influence the selection process.
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Montgomery who may provide you with rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Turner and Eaves Insurance Agency
9190 Boyd-Cooper Pkwy - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 270-1000 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Montgomery that are able to give price quote information.
After you get positive feedback to your questions and a good coverage price, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just remember it's your coverage and you can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don't think that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way to switch.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to buying your policy, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Montgomery
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Performance makes a difference - The type of car you own makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Nissan Juke is a crossover, rates will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Montgomery.
How do annual miles impact premiums? - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Juke may be costing you higher rates.
High premiums for teenage drivers - Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Teen drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
More traffic equals higher rates - Being located in areas with lower population has definite advantages when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Alabama cities tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan Juke scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Insurance loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles - Companies analyze the history of losses to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the loss history for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Juke Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Juke 2WD||101||104||77||111||134||113|
|Nissan Juke 4WD||107||112||75||120||115||105|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your Nissan Juke
Even though Montgomery Juke insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Juke has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Juke are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Montgomery is overpaying more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to save money.
You can find cheaper coverage
When searching for the cheapest Nissan Juke rate quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Montgomery can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links: